Wednesday, February 7, 2007

11th Frame

Well, yesterday and today were quite busy so I didn't have a chance to comment on my Sunday predictions until now. I was satisfied with how everything played out: Mike Edwards took Chris Barnes down to the wire and definitely had the best look out of all the players. He basically gets rigged every time he makes TV. The Pa-Mika match was pretty ugly, and a late charge by Allen was not enough. I was 2-0 prediciting these two matches.
Thennn the title match between Barnes and Mika. Well, the lanes did exactly what I thought they would do, however the players did the opposite. I thought Barnes would capitalize in that environment, but instead he turned into his old self and had some key open frames. Mika took full advantage in the late frames and had it won easily in the 10th. Very impressive win for the big Fin. I promise to do better next week. I'll post some hypotheses tomorrow about the upcoming week based on previous weeks and the Qualifying Round.
I also was right about the Super Bowl, but that was basically a no-brainer. Rex Grossman joins the list of big-game duds and Peyton Manning wins his first(and probably last) championship. The Psychic Madman, Jim Karol, predicted the Bears would win by more than 7 points. He recently came to TCNJ and tries to pass off magic tricks as acts of prediction and coincidence. Well, I was right and he was wrong about the SuperBowl... and I'm practically braindead. Now, it's time for Poker After Dark. Good Bowling.

No comments: