Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday

Ok well I didn't get to talk about this week's action yet, but I'll make a quick prediction for the show today. This week is the "Shark"pattern, which means bowlers will be standing way left and keeping the ball inside. It's very similar to a reverse block. Scores have been extremely low all week, so there may be pin-carry issues. In the first match, Mike Devaney faces off against newcomer John May. I have never seen John May bowl, but he is fighting to make the top 40 and keep his exemption for next year. It's gonna be a tough match for him because Devaney has been dominating all week and I see Devaney winning this one with some key strikes.
In the second matchup, Bill O'Neill takes on Chris Barnes, who is making his second straight TV appearance. Barnes is coming off one of his typical chokes last week, and this week will be no different for him. O'Neill will take command of the match early and Barnes will lay down easily.
This brings us to the title between Devaney and O'Neill. This will probably be a low-scoring affair and whoever leaves less splits will take it down. In my opinion, Bill O'Neill will conquer and win the first title of his career. So there you have it. Stay tuned for postgame analysis after the show.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have some great bowling stories and tips. I've never heard of this kind of bowling. I'll have to check it out.

Do you know if they do it at AMF lanes? I bowl there. They have leagues and college special nights, so have really enjoyed it.

I'm trying to improve my game.